The off-the-wall, warts n’all, no punches pulled (but oft tongue-in-cheek) “slice of life” essays and vignettes of a frustrated former journalist and career cynic – based largely on random thought streams whilst out walking the dogs – on . . .
- Israel, Tel Aviv, and the single’s life therein, from the perspective of something of an outsider;
- the endlessly fascinating, usually amusing, Israeli psyche/behaviour;
- all things Jewish; and
- all things Mike (i.e., anything else I feel like writing about).
Why do I do it (I make no money from melchett mike)? Martin Amis sums it up better than I ever could:
“To be a writer, you must be most alive when alone. And that’s what is great about it. Writing is freedom.”
If you are enjoying melchett mike, please subscribe, send links to friends by e-mail, and even attach them to your Facebook page.
melchett mike is my personal weblog. The opinions, thoughts and feelings which I express herein are exactly that (i.e., personal), and not made with my lawyer’s “hat” on.
It is neither a “family” blog, nor a “politically correct” one – any bad language employed by me herein in no way reflects the wonderful education and values instilled in me by my parents! – but it will always endeavour to be honest (and to operate within the law).
I certainly do not expect everyone (or even anyone) to agree with said opinions, thoughts and feelings, and encourage you to post your comments. By posting a comment to – which, for these purposes, shall be deemed to include submitting any content whatsoever for publication on – melchett mike, you agree to the following Comments Policy (if you don’t agree, don’t post . . . just read!):
- Each comment to melchett mike is the sole responsibility of the commenter.
- I reserve the right to edit, delete or block (or not to) any comment (or commenter), as I see fit (though my failure to do so shall not imply that I agree with it or him/her).
- By submitting a comment to melchett mike, you agree that the content is your own, to allow it to remain on melchett mike in perpetuity, to allow me to republish it (even for commercial purposes), and to hold melchett mike and me harmless from any damages or liability in relation thereto.
- Once a comment has been posted on melchett mike, it is at my sole and absolute discretion whether to edit or delete it.
- In no circumstances must any commenter (even from Ra’anana) express agreement with any view or opinion held by Greg.
If you feel that your legal rights have been infringed by any content on melchett mike (including comments), please notify me via your own comment (under a pseudonym, if you so wish) – I will contact you at the e-mail address you provide in the comment form (viewable only by me), treating any such communication in the strictest confidence. If you are merely offended by anything herein, melchett mike may not be for you.
All content on melchett mike created by me is my property, licensed under a Creative Commons Licence (to view its terms, click on the Some Rights Reserved icon in the right hand margin).